The Nielsen Digital Voice $10,000 Sweepstakes
The following Sweepstakes is intended for play in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you do not reside in the United States at the time of entry.
1. Eligibility: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. The Nielsen Digital Voice sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older who : (a) are panelists of a Nielsen Digital Voice as of June 30th, 2010 and who remain panelists during the promotional period defined herein ("Panelists"); or (b) register to be a panelist of Nielsen Digital Voice and who install the Nielsen Digital Voice meter software on their computer within the Promotional Period defined herein ("New Panelists"); or (c) are active panelists of one or more Nielsen panel(s) expressly invited by Nielsen to participate in a Nielsen panel(s) and who comply with all requirements indentified by Nielsen to be considered an active panelist within the Promotional Period ("Dual Panelist"). Where the context requires, Panelists and New-panelists and Dual Panelists are collectively referred to as "Participants". Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families [spouse, children, parents, siblings] and those living in their same households [whether or not related]) of Nielsen, LLC d/b/a Nielsen Digital Voice ("Sponsor"), and any of their parent, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members and assigns, retail locations, suppliers, distributors, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies and web masters/suppliers (collectively, hereinafter, the "released parties") are not eligible to participate.
By participating, you agree to these official rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. All data requested at registration, prize fulfillment or at any other time in connection with this Sweepstakes must be accurate if inaccurate information is supplied, it will result in your disqualification from the Sweepstakes and prevent the awarding of any prize you may have won.
2. Promotional Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:01 a.m. eastern time ("ET") July 1, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2016 ("Promotional Period"); however, Sponsor, or its delegee(s), shall have ninety (90) days after the expiration of the Promotional Period to notify and award prizes. Entries for panelists and new panelists must be received and recorded by the Sponsor during the promotional period. The computer of the Sponsor is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. Ways to Enter: (a) Panelists: panelists receive one automatic entry for each of the following: (i) for each week the panelist is classified as an "active" panelist, which, for purposes of the Sweepstakes, the term "active" means the Sponsor receives at least one data log from that panelist for the respective week; and (ii) for every redemption code redeemed by the panelist within the applicable deadline, which said deadline(s) will be subsequently defined by Sponsor; and (iii) for each "extra credit" request(s) received and completed by panelist in a particular month , which said "extra credit" request may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be transmitted to panelists from time-to-time; (b) New-Panelists : new-panelists receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for each of the following: (i) registering to be a Panelist at http://digitalvoice.nielsen.com (the "Website") by accurately completing and submitting the online registration form by indicating: name; address, city, zip code, verifiable e-mail address and installing the Sponsor's meter software on his or her computer; and (ii) upon registering with Sponsor and installing Sponsor's meter software on his or her computer, a New Panelist will be considered a "Panelist" and will be entitled to receive entries as provided herein as 3(a)(i)-(iii); and (c) Dual Panelists: any person invited into the Sweepstakes as a Dual Panelist shall receive entries as follows: (i) in the same manner as New Panelists, upon registering with Sponsor as provided for herein at §3(b)(i) and (ii); upon such terms and incentives as otherwise provided for by Sponsor in the invitation to enter the Sweepstakes. Electronically, digitally, or mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. Limit one Participant may be qualified to participate per household. Sponsor reserves the right to verify all entries. All online entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In case of multiple entries received from any person or e-mail address or household, only the first entry received from such person or e-mail address or household will be considered; however, Sponsor reserves, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify from any monthly drawing ("Monthly Drawing") any prospective entrant deemed to violated any rule or conditions of these Official Rules. To be eligible for each Monthly Drawing, all entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET, of the last day of the month in which the entries are received ("Qualifying Month") and will be accumulated into one pool of qualified entries (collectively as the "Qualified Entries"). The Winners of the monthly prizes will be selected from the Qualified Entries as set forth herein. Pursuant to these Official Rules, a Participant may qualify and win a prize as a result of each Monthly Drawing held during the Promotional Period.
4. Drawing: Within ten (10) business days after the last day of the immediately preceding Qualifying Month, Sponsor, or its delegee(s), will conduct a Monthly Drawing from which winners ("Winners") will be randomly drawn from the Qualified Entries received by Sponsor and/or its designee(s). To the extent that any Winners(s) is/are disqualified from winning according to the terms set forth herein, or upon a Winners(s) otherwise failing to take such steps as may be necessary to receive a prize(s), Alternate Winners ("Alternate Winners") may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be selected. Winners, and, to the extent necessary, Alternate Winners will be notified by regular first class mail as provided herein at Section 6. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to an entrant's mailing address, email and/or telephone number. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, or its delegee(s) or assign(s).
5. Prizes/Odds: As a result of each Monthly Drawing conducted during the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will give away a total of $10,000.00 each month to a total of 404 Winners and/or Alternate Winners, which said prizes shall include the following: (a) two (2) $1,000.00 cash Winners; (b) two (2) $500.00 cash Winners; (c) twenty-five (25) $100.00 cash Winners; (d) fifty (50) $25.00 cash Winners and (d) three hundred twenty-five (325) $10.00 cash Winners (individually as "Prize" or collectively as "Prizes"). Prizes are non-transferable. Limit one (1) Prize per person/household per month. Odds of winning based upon number of Qualified Entries received in each Qualifying Month. Unclaimed Prizes may be awarded as provided herein.
6. Terms and Conditions Applicable to Prizes: Winners will be notified in writing of winning a prize for a particular Qualifying Month by first class mail ("Notice") to the address on file with Sponsor on or before the fourteenth (14th) day of the month in which the Drawing is conducted, or if the fourteenth (14th) day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day of the applicable month. The Notice may, depending on the value of the prize and/or the aggregate value of all prizes won by the Winner, include a Winner's Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit and Release"). In order to redeem a prize of $600 or more, or to redeem multiple prizes for which the aggregate value of all prizes is $600.00 or more, each Winner must accurately complete and return the Affidavit and Release by first class mail, postmarked on or before the return date set forth in the Notice, or if said date falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day. Upon a Winner being disqualified pursuant to Section 8 herein, Sponsor, or its delegee(s), may send a Notice to the Alternate Winner(s) by first class mail, which said Notice shall include a Winner's Affidavit and Release. In order to redeem a prize, each Alternate Winner must accurately complete and return the Affidavit and Release by first class mail, postmarked on or before the return date set forth in the Notice, or if said date falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day. Upon an Alternate Winner being disqualified pursuant to Section 8 herein, Sponsor shall have no obligation to award the prize to any other person. Sponsor shall not be responsible for and specifically disclaims any failure to draw Winners for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, postponement, weather, acts of God, or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, and, in said event, the prize or relevant portion thereof will not be awarded.
7. General Conditions: By participating and qualifying in the Sweepstakes, each Participant expressly agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements; (b) THAT SPONSOR, RELEASED PARTIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS ARE RELEASED, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSON(S), INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE(S) OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITIES; (c) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANTS BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (d) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE(S) AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND (e) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, EXCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COURT COSTS. Except where legally prohibited, by accepting a Prize(s), each Winner or Alternate Winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her first name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. Participants who are Winners and/or Alternate Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit and Release within the time-frames and under the circumstances identified at Section 6 herein. Sponsor, or its delegee(s) or assigns, will use reasonable efforts to remit prizes to Winners and/or Alternate Winners within ninety (90) days from the date of the applicable Drawing; however, Sponsor shall not be responsible for failure to remit the prizes within said time-frame.
8. Disqualification: Sponsor, or its delegee(s), expressly and without limitation reserves the right, in the sole discretion of sponsor or its delegee(s), to disqualify Winners and/or Alternate Winners upon any of the following: (a) failure to accurately complete an affidavit and release necessary for Sponsor to comply with reporting requirements; (b) failure to return a required affidavit and release within the time-frame set forth in the notice (c) failure to provide accurate personal or contact information at any time during the Sweepstakes; or (d) upon the notice being deemed undeliverable for any reason. Further, to the extent necessary, Sponsor, or its delegee(s), specifically, and without limitation, reserves the right, in the sole discretion of Sponsor or its delegee(s), to reject any document received or delivered in an untimely fashion regardless of reason or fault. Additionally, Sponsor, or its delegee(s), expressly reserves the right, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, or its delegee(s), to disqualify any participant or prospective participant for conduct deemed to be detrimental or disruptive to the appropriate running of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to: tampering with entry process or operation of Sweepstakes or website; acting in violation of the terms of these official rules or the Sponsor's Website; acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Upon a disqualification, the Winners or Alternate Winners automatically forfeits his/her right to any monthly prize(s) under this Sweepstakes and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to a disqualified Winners or Alternate Winners.
10. Limitations of Liability: Neither released parties, nor their agencies shall be responsible or liable to any party to any extent or under any theory of law of equity for any loss, damage or injury caused by, without limitation: lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, or non-delivered entries or email; any error, omission, interruption, deletion or loss of information or document; any failure to receive any entry, document or transmission of information for any reason whatsoever; any incorrect or inaccurate information provided by participants; or any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to: technical corruption or difficulties; fraud; lack of participation; hacking or tampering; force majeure; as necessary to improve efficacy of or participation in the Sweepstakes, etc. In the event of a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, regardless of reason, Sponsor may award prize(s) to Winners(s) or Alternate Winners(s) drawn from qualified entries received prior to the date of cancellation, termination, modification or suspension or such other date that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems fair and equitable. Neither Sponsor, nor any other released party shall be deemed liable or responsible to any party, under any theory or law or equity, for any cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsor cancels, terminates, modifies or suspends the Sweepstakes, Sponsor or its delegee(s) will notify participants via e-mail, notice on http://digitalvoice.nielsen.com or by first class mail. In case of dispute, an authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter at actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. everything provided to panelists and/or new-panelists to register for this Sweepstakes is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations of exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local and/or State laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions. released parties are not responsible for, and specifically disclaim any and all liability or obligations to any participant for the act(s), failure(s) or omission(s) of any third party, including, without limitation, the United States Postal Service and/or any other courier hired by a participant, which said failure(s) may include, without limitation: failure to deliver any document within the required time-frames of these official rules; the loss of any required document; and/or the destruction of any required document.
Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11. Tax and Financial Obligations of Winners: By accepting prize(s), all Winners (including Alternate Winners) accept and acknowledge that his/her respective receipt and acceptance of a prize may result in financial obligations to third parties, including potential payment of federal, state or local income taxes. Each Winner and Alternate Winners expressly acknowledges that he/she solely and completely is responsible for such respective financial obligation(s) and expressly agrees that Sponsor and released parties shall have no obligation or liability --to any extent-- regarding said financial obligations. To the extent that any payment(s) of a prize(s) to any Winners or Alternate Winners under the Sweepstakes obligates Sponsor to report the value of any prize(s) or winning(s), or the aggregate value of multiple prizes or winnings, under the laws, rules or regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service, all Winners and Alternate Winners expressly agree and acknowledge that payment of said prize(s) or winning(s) may be withheld until such time that the Sponsor, or its assign(s) or delegee(s), receive an acknowledged and notarized Affidavit containing such information as may be necessary, including, but not limited to social security numbers and date of birth, for Sponsor to fulfill its obligation(s) with regard to reporting the value of any payment or payments made to any Winners(s) or Alternate Winners(s) under this Sweepstakes.
12. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Manhattan, New York.
13. Winners List: For the names of the prize Winners, write your name and complete address on a 3"x5" card and mail in a first-class stamped envelope to: Nielsen Digital Voice Sweepstakes- Winners' List Request, 770 Broadway 8th Floor, New York, NY 10003 or by visiting http://digitalvoice.nielsen.com. Mailed requests must be received by March 31, 2017.
Sponsor: Nielsen Digital Voice, 770 Broadway 8th Floor, New York, NY 10003. © 2014 Nielsen all rights reserved.